Monday, April 13, 2015

Be a Writer



How true is this? When I mention to new acquaintances that I'm a writer / published author, I sometimes get, "Oh, I've always wanted to write a book," or "I've been thinking about doing that, too." Because as we all know, sitting down and writing a book (and then another...) is just that easy. All the characters, dynamics, plot points, and syntax just magically fall into place. Effortlessly.

On the other hand, there are self-defeating writers who want to write and claim to have a story, but their self doubts get the best of them. I feel for these people, because I've been there. The secret to this dilemma is really no secret; it's a truth: you just push through, write anyway.

Last week wasn't much of a writing success for me. I expected it to a degree, but was still disappointed.

What can I do? Hope and aim for better this week.

Happy Writing, My Friends!

WIP Word Count: 21, 360

No comments:

Post a Comment